1st All the guitarists registered as A) Active Students or B) Listener Student + Competition, except the winners of previous editions, will be able to take part in the Competition.
2nd The competition will start on Sunday, 8th of August in the morning, with the qualifying stage. It will be announced the day of the draw to decide the performance order in the competition.
3rd It consists of three stages: 1. The qualifying stage 2. The semi Final. 3. The Final one.
a) Candidates will choose one piece from the following list:
- A movement of the Decamerón Negro, by Leo Brouwer.
- A Prelude by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- A Study or a Prelude by Heitor Villa-Lobos.
- Variaciones sobre un tema de Mozart (Variations on a Subject by Mozart). Op.9, by Fernando Sor (without repetitions)
- Elogio de la Danza (Praise of Dance), by L. Brouwer.
- En los trigales (In Wheat fields), by Joaquín Rodrigo.
- A Bagatelle, by William Walton.
- A Sonata, by Domenico Scarlatti.
b) In addition, each contestant will be requested to play a piece or a group of pieces of his choice. THE QUALIFYING STAGE WILL NOT BE ABLE EXCEEDING TEN MINUTES OF LENGT.
The SemiFinalists will be asked to prepare a free list of repertoire. The maximum amount of time allowed for this performance will be 20 minutes.
In the Semi final stage, the pieces already played in the qualifying stage will not be able to be repeated.
Finalists will be asked to prepare a free list of repertoire. The maximum amount of time allowed for this performance will be 25 minutes.
In the final stage, the pieces already played in the qualifying and semifinal stages will not be able to be repeated.
It will be formed by music and culture. The decision will be final.